Monday, August 27, 2007

Highlights of Toronto

Here's some highlights on my first weekend living in (ugh) Toronto:

  • Falling off my bike while traveling on Yonge street and having my cucumber roll out in front of some walking ladies
  • Getting hit on by a teenager
  • Finding an amazing trail that reminds me of the Bruce Trail and that allows me to feel like I'm completely out of the city
  • Walking and trying to say hi to people who look straight ahead and pretend you don't exist
  • Being surrounded by Asian people and feeling really tall
  • Hearing many different languages and having deja vu to the DR
  • Setting up my classroom and feeling nervous about the upcoming school year
  • Seeing the moon shining brightly while searching for stars that apparently only exist in airplane form in the city

And the feeling that everything around me is meaningless and a chasing after the wind (pulled out of context but it's the best way to express what I'm feeling). What the heck is the purpose of life in all of this hustle-bustle and materialism? I know that we are meant to glorify and worship God but everything around me seems so purposeless - like there's no direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home