Thursday, November 08, 2007

School Projects

I assigned my students a new project today. I wasn't really sure how it would go but I'm kind of excited about the response.

We've been studying Canada and it's trading partners. I decided to educate my students on what goes on in the world in the backgrounds of trade. So, I created a research project where they were assigned one of these topics: sweatshops, cocoa production, child labour, fair trade, conflict diamonds, or sugar cane production.

My students were really surprised. I even heard them say "wow, we're learning things about the world." Their response to things that Nestle, Walmart, and Nike are doing around the world was intense. It'll be neat to see where this project takes them.

1 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger LStew said...

you are an awesome teacher.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home