Thursday, August 10, 2006

This Summer

Lately I've been mulling in my head about the passing of time and how quickly it goes. I used to be the type of person that couldn't wait until..... Now I try to enjoy every single moment (even the crappier ones) because I can never have that time again. I know that this is not a new thought in this world, but it's a new action in my life. It's come about from graduating from Redeemer (and never going back as a student) and watching the movie Click.
And all I want to do is hold onto this month. ...August is moving way too quickly. This summer has been amazing.

Highlights include:
  • Trip to Cuba with 4 girlsfriends (beach volleyball scars to prove it)
  • Road trip to Marathon (north Ontario) with Sarah, Lorraine, and Caroline - got to see a mountain lion and a bear in the wild!!!
  • Getting a new sister when my brother tied the knot
  • Hanging out with the "Sisterhood" at Joella's wedding
  • Participating in Trish's wedding
  • Going on SERVE to Wycoft, New Jersey - got to tour New York
  • Having three kids at the youth centre make better choices/commitments to God
  • Working in the barn - sounds dumb, but it's good to use the hands again (although my back does ache right now)
  • Feeling the warmth of the sun
  • Seeing green everywhere!!
  • Going camping with the family
  • Watching firework in Kincardine
  • Supply teaching

And the list goes on and on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home