Thursday, March 01, 2007

I laughed in class today

Yesterday we had a discussion with my Grade 5/6 as to why they are required to change for physed. The obvious reason: they are at a sweating age and sweat is not a pleasant odour to sit beside in class.

My students often come up with great examples to back-me-up. This one is no exception.
Here's the example one of my students graciously offered to my class:

"One day I was sweating really bad. My mom called dinner, and I went to sit down for supper in my usual place beside my brother. My brother was not feeling really good that day and he was stuck sitting beside me and my sweat. I smelled so bad that he had to go and throw-up."

Pause: I had to laugh. That is not a story you would have many people confess to in front of the whole class. But it was a shining example of what I was trying to talk about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home