Saturday, January 27, 2007

Happy Getting-Older Day

January seems to be a popular month for birthdays - and a bunch of us girls from Jarvis area went out to celebrate last night. And boy did our age show!!

We went out for appetizers/drinks. Turns out we hit the only place that was also hosting a Teen Dance. And I seriously mean teens. There were teenagers everywhere!! We decided that we would embrace the teenager inside of us, and dance a little.

Oh, and we had fun dancing until there was a birthday announcing someone's Sweet 16. We kind of all looked at each other, in our tight little circle of "much-older" girls amongst piles of teenagers, and realised that we had hit the next stage. We definently laughed a little bit and headed out earlier than most of the kids.

Birthday highlights this year:
  • my sister losing her appendix (kidding - but it did make me come home and enjoy family)
  • dad praying over me
  • being surrounded by my family
  • getting the Jason Mraz "Mr. A to Z" CD finally!!
  • surprise party in Hamilton a week later (therefore completely unexpected) and getting to see some of my girls again
  • meeting some new girls in the area for the "Jarvis-January" celebration - and getting to show some teenagers how to dance
  • one of my students bringing in a birthday cake for me
  • three performing students singing me Happy Birthday
  • great birthday cake brought in by my secret teacher (although I think I know who they are)
  • being honest in a friendship-relationship that had a huge hurdle to overcome and finally feeling at peace about everything
  • acquired the game "Jungle Speed" give me a call if you ever want to play
  • snow day the next day which was God's gift wrapped in white

2 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go birthday face!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger My Engedi said...

so cool and happy belated day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home