Thursday, January 11, 2007

Yahweh - I am who I am

I was teaching my students about Yahweh the other day and how it means "I am who I am." Which is a fun way of telling us that God is "I am" meaning that He is unchanging.

Thank goodness for that.

This week was a whirl of wind changes (really bad analogy). My sister called me on Monday and asked if I wanted to go wedding dress shopping with her on Wednesday. As a dedicated older sister :) I said sure. Tuesday night I get a phone call from my mom. This is how it goes (disclaimer: probably not word for word:

"Hi, mom."
"Yah, Sarah is going in for emergency surgery tonight." -mom
"What?"-Emily a little shocked
"Yah, she went into emerg last night and is having surgery on her appendix sometime soon."-mom
"Ah, really?"
"Anyhow, we have to get going, we're going to the hospital. Just stay put for a bit and we'll keep you posted."-mom

So my sister's life flipflopped from wedding dress shopping to losing a body part all within a span of a couple hours.

Morale: Isn't it great that God is "I am?" Even though we and everyone around us changes almost consistently, it's great that we can depend upon God's consistency.

1 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger My Engedi said...

thanks for posting, Emily! i really appreciate it! keep it up!
your sister's future sister-in-law...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home