Saturday, December 09, 2006

When I grow up...

I had an interesting conversation with two Grade 3 students yesterday at family skate. I was skating along with them, holding thier cute little hands, when they gave me the biggest compliments in the world.

This is how my day/week/month was made:

Miss Slotegraaf, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" to the child on the left.

"I want to be a Grade 6 teacher," she replied, "just like you."

Miss Slotegraaf, moved by the compliment turned to the child on the right, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

This child, smiling hugely, looked up at Miss Slotegraaf and replied, "I want to be Miss Slotegraaf."

A kid can dream can't they?

2 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger *Sarah Dawn* said...

sounds like me when I was asked the same question at Calvinettes... ;)

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahahahahahahahahasnortcoughhahahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home