Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Firsts

On Sunday, as I was driving from home back to work, I got my first speeding ticket. Apparently going 112 in an 80 is frowned upon by the average policeman. He was really good about it. He asked why I was going so fast, and I told him I did not really have a good reason. I told him that it was a long trip from home and I was just trying to get there quickly (and I was making really good time until he came along). He took it down to 95 so that I wouldn't lose any demerit points and because he assumed (from the Redeemer sticker on my car) that I was still paying off school loans.

I called home to let my dad know (joke between the two of us) and his first words were "It's about time." Then he warned me that these things supposedly happen in threes. The problem was, the rest of the ride home, I still had difficulty keeping it under 100. My car has a need for speed, I can tell that it's happier when I'm driving faster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home