Sunday, April 29, 2007

Yesterday - 'tis my life

O.K. So I went a pulled another Emily-moment.

Yesterday I decided to go to school dressed in my ripped jeans and the heels for my sister's wedding (to practice walking in them.....I've discovered I need much more practice). I completely do not look the part of a teacher - more like a teenage punk.

As I pull up to the school I notice that, and low and behold, it's swarming with young boys and men dressed in cadet gear. Apparently our school was hosting the cadet-o-rama (5 different churches represented). Warning??? None...

So, I proceeded into the school, feeling very much a female (the only female). I might as well have been wearing a red, flashing light. The best part is that I got to watch some of the going ons(from the door of the gym, trying to hide myself a little bit). It's so awesome to see your students so focused on an event. I got to watch the pyramid building and the ladder building competitions. I also got to "chat" with my students who came up to talk to me.

However, I have never felt so obviously female before. It was a little unnerving. Summary: I''ve been caught at the school by many parents in pj pants and yesterday in punk-style. What's next?

1 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger LStew said...

i'd steer clear of tube tops if i were you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home