Wednesday, March 21, 2007

From the words of Frank Peretti

Since first giving my talk on the subject of wounded spirits, and as I've worked on this book, I've found it comforting to think that after thirty or forty years, the Lord and I can finally make some good use of all that trouble I went through. God does not waste an ounce of our pain or a drop of our tears; suffering doesn't come our way for no reason, and He seems especially efficient at using what we endure to mold our character. If we are malleable, He takes our bumps and bruises and shapes them into something beautiful. Maybe, becuase of what you and I hvae experienced, we can inspire a few changes in the way people think about and treat each other in this world.

1 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger *Sarah Dawn* said...

Em...
I'm beginning to discover that. And I think it begins with being honest about our 'bumps'- with ourselves and with each other. There is rich hope in the midst of suffering... we may be covered by a dust of darkness, but by God's grace, there is light.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home