Friday, March 16, 2007

It Just Sank In

My daily morning "computer" routine is to check what teaching jobs are available with the OACS board (Ontario Alliance of Christian Schools). Today, while I checked there was one job missing. The one in Listowel teaching Grade 7/8. This means that the job has been filled.

It kinda hit me this morning that that could of been me. I had an interview there last Saturday and was offered the job the following Monday. I had 48 hours to decide yes/no (aka. as my future). It gave me sleepless nights and consumed my thoughts. I kept going back and forth, back and forth. I was settled on yes, then I settled on no.

I called the principal back on Wednesday evening and gave him my very much deliberated answer -no. He then proceeded to take 10 minutes to change my mind (ah, the stubborn dutch gene came into full force here). He even told me I had until 9:00a.m. the next morning to change my mind. Although I was completely honoured, I am determined to stick to my word.

However, the website informed me that someone has accepted the position. That means it definently isn't mine. Option number two has slipped through my fingers again because of the word WAIT.

O.K. Lord, I've turned down TWO teaching jobs because you keep telling me to wait. Whatever it is has better be worth this confusion and frusturation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home