Monday, July 09, 2007

Sarah's wedding was absolutely beautiful. It was relaxing, laughter-filled, and Christ-centered.....and yes, emotional :).

Here's the highlights:

  • The wedding was a three day party. The Bokma family came to live with us since Wednesday. We've had so many good memories with them (volleyball, euchre, home videos, chats & laughing). I feel like I've been blessed with three more younger sisters. I'm going to miss them when they leave this morning.
  • getting ready in the morning with all the girls. We had lots of time and just sat around chatting and relaxing
  • ceremony was beautiful

- we walked in too quickly but that was o.k. with me

-we did a family prayer

-Ben and I had two false starts to go sign the wedding bans (where I gave Sarah some comic relief by accidentally trying to write with the pen upside down...the stupid thing looks the same from both ends and I was confused for a good couple of seconds)

-the pastor annoucing them as Sarah Slotegraaf and Sarah Bokma (apparently my sister is the dominate person in the relationship)

  • getting to see my family especially those from far away that I do not often see. Although it was tough to see the family that is struggling with their health
  • reception went smooth. My cousin suggested drinking a glass of wine before my speech so I took her up on it and it went a lot better than I had anticipated
  • The speeches were really touching. The love and support in the room was really intense. It was a beautiful wedding because there was not a single soul who had a doubt.
  • Dance party was awesome. There was a live band and a dancing crowd. My closest-dancer father came out for the first time ever and I got to teach my little brother how to slowdance.

Although I'm exhausted, it is a peaceful exhaustion.

4 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger My Engedi said...

You are right! It was beautiful! Thanks for having us! :)
Rachel

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger My Engedi said...

hey! that's my blogspot. just cause you're my twin, doesn't mean that you can steal my name...
luckily, i still love you...
Rebecca

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Nikki Gerrits said...

PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES!

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger LStew said...

your speech was really, really good. it made me cry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home