Saturday, September 16, 2006

Teaching

Well, I'm finally sitting here with a moment to spare (yup, I'm lying to myself). I can officially say that I am a teacher now...two weeks in. Here's some highlights of my last two weeks:

  • First day of school - ahhh!! Then I consoled myself, remembering that many people were starting their first day of something and got through.
  • Fallen in love with 25 people. Each with their own personality, gifts, and sitting-still ability.
  • Exploded blue paint in my classroom during art class. Yup, even sprayed two students and the chalkboard. I have a new ty-dyed shirt. The following week I had all my students put their handprints on it.
  • Started coaching the junior team. They are so cute!!! I've seen some new soccer moves.
  • Been called Mrs. Slotegraaf more than I can count (and just when I thought I wasn't my mom)
  • Had my heart broken by the stories of my students already.
  • Going to bed at 9:00-9:30. They didn't tell me in teacher's college that you would have a headache everyday for the first week and really sore feet everyday after school.
  • Wearing the same shirt as one of my students (thank-you Giant Tiger).
  • Having the same lunch bag as one of my students (thank-you again Giant Tiger).
  • Being asked numerous questions all day!! (ex. Who created God? What did God each before Adam and Eve? Where do birthmarks come from?)
  • Deciding when 25 people get to go to the bathroom.

Well, my moment to spare is now over. 'Tis back to marking and prepping.

1 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Em! It would be fun to sit in your classroom and be one of your students... you are going to teach all of them so much and I am sure that they will also teach you as well. God Bless! Love ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home